Branded by Compassion is a lifestyle commitment. Our mission is to empower individuals and impact communities through developing relationships and commitment to those we serve.
Who We Are
- Branded by Compassion (“Organization” or “BbC”) is a group of individuals motivated by a common purpose and drive.
- We strive to build a shared vision, a worthwhile purpose, by allowing individuals to contribute and to moderate the vision so that it becomes their own.
BbC is designed to empower individuals and impact communities by developing long term relationships and commitments. By definition:
– Brand (brand) n. : A trademark or distinctive name identifying a product or a manufacturer or thing
– Com.pas.sion (kuh m-pash–uh n) n. : Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it
Branded by Compassion (BbC) is a US 501c3 non-profit organization focused on, what we believe are, the basics of empowering individuals without a voice.
Our mission is to empower individuals built upon a solid foundation of the basics (ABC’s) and become a spring board for opportunity.
What We Do – ABC
Advocating for those who do not have a voice
Commit to relationship building and foster trust.
“Trust measures the quality of a relationship, whether between two people, between groups of people or between a person and an organization. We reinforce trust by consistency of visitations and frequent communication. It encourages confidence, honesty, integrity, reliability, and the justice (our assumed responsibility to ensure) of another person.”
There are three forms of relationships that BbC focuses on building:
- The relationship between those we strive to serve and their surrounding communities
- Consistent with our mission, we want to create local opportunities for those we strive to serve through gaining involvement with the local communities & local business owners.
- Quiet simply, empowering the individuals to become self sustained through traininng of a specific trade skills or simply encouraging specific talent through mentorship, but mentorship requires a relationship…
- The relationship between our volunteers & those we strive to serve
- The diversity of our committed volunteers is simply amazing. With the trade skills, education, and talent that our volunteers have amassed over time lends much opportunity for mentoring those whom we strive to serve. Just like any new relationship, consistency and trust is key. The commitment that our volunteers have to the individuals helps organically build trust through consistent behaviors and participation…we’re in it for the long haul. This long term committed approach helps us focus our resources and invest in relationships and gives those we strive to serve an opportunity and vision for their own lives.
- We believe organic relationships are the best relationships. They represent a natural progression and convergence of individuals despite their differences…
- The relationship among our volunteers
- Lastly, but certainly not the least, is the focus on relationships among our volunteers. While we all have a like minded mindset for all of the above, the secret sauce is also our commitment to and enjoyment of each other’s presence.
Most of us who have access to read this webpage often verse ourselves or come across motivational opportunity quotes at any given time. For the other half of the world’s population that lives on less than $2.50 a day (~3 Billion) and about half of wich ~1.3Billion live in extreme poverty ($1.25 a day) (world bank), opportunity often doesn’t come knocking on their door.
We’re not simply talking about job opportunities, but opportunities that we often take for granted or are unaware of…we’re talking the opportunity to live a healthy life, eat consistent hearty meals, and pursue an education.
It’s the basics that BbC is focused on. The Building blocks or ABC’s if you will, to empower individuals to become self stustaining and transform communities.
Why We Do It
We seek to do things for the common good, to do what is right and do it the right way. Often times, we question ourselves and our decision making by asking “Why?” and more often than not, our response has been “because it’s the right thing to do.”
BbC was formed by a collaboration of four individuals who shared similar values and sought out for a similar mission. It was a common desire to do what is best for humanity, and not ourselves, that brought our team together organically.